How To Fix A Corrupted Hard Drive – Solved
How to Repair Corrupted Hard Disk Without Formatting
Hard drives can run into issues now and again. Ordinarily, the hard disk mistake is brought about by power shock, infections, human blunders, helpless framework upkeep, or hardware disappointments.
A corrupted hard drive can raise great trouble as we may lose information. In the event that you have defragmented your hard disk and searching for approaches to fix it, this article is useful in figuring out how to fix a corrupted hard drive.
Prior to counseling experts, it’s smarter to investigate the issue and fix it without anyone else with the assistance of these strategies.
1. The most effective method to Fix Corrupted Hard Drive Using CMD:
We can run Windows CHKDSK utility with CMD to perform a hard drive fix in Windows 10. CHKDSK is a Windows-in-fabricated device that is executed from the command line or in Windows.
This will filter hard drives and attempt to fix if any blunders are found. We can get to the Windows 10 CHKDSK utility by means of a command prompt. Here is the point by point steps:
So it is important for us to become familiar with these essential hard drive fix tips. Simply follow the means in this article to make a hard drive fix.
However, on the off chance that the issue is excessively intricate or feeling hard to follow the given advances, at that point we may counsel experts to fix the hard drive.
- • Firstly, we need to type CMD in the search box to access the Windows built-in hard drive repair tool. Then right-click on it and choose Run as administrator.
- • In the Command Prompt window, type ‘CHKDSK’ then space and then the name of the drive (c, d, f, e, etc.) ‘:’ /f /r and then hit Enter.
Check the below image for example:
- • With this command, the hard drive is analyzed track-by-track to detect and fix recoverable data on the defective areas. It will give you all the details here.
- • (NOTE: The commonly used parameters /f and /r have different meanings: /f – fix any errors it detected. /r – Locate bad sectors on the drive and try to recover any and all readable information from them.)
- • After the hard drive repair completed, we can type exit to close the command prompt window.
• Open “This PC” and right-click on the drive that needs to be repaired.
• Then click on the Properties, with the properties window open.
• Click on the Tools tab.
• Click Check under the Error Checking section.
• If everything is good the PC shows that we don’t need to scan.
• However, if we’d like to scan, we can proceed by pressing the Scan drive tab.
• If errors are detected then it will attempt to fix them.
• If no errors are detected then it shows that no errors are detected.
2. How to Fix Hard Drive Errors with Third-party HDD Repair Tool:
On the off chance that the above fixes can’t assist us with canning an expert HDD fix apparatus to fix. There are some outsider applications apparatuses accessible online that we can use to analyze and fix smashed hard drive issues however we need to pick a solid one.
We suggest picking the MiniTool Partition Wizard free version. It is the expert hard drive fix programming and an across the board parcel supervisor, which can help us fix constantly hard drive blunders in only a couple of clicks.
Additionally, there are numerous different apparatuses like Partition Magic, EaseUS, Partition Master Free, SSDLife, TestDisk, WinDirStat, and substantially more.
Aside from helping us in hard drive fix, the segment chief MiniTool Partition Wizard free version can likewise assist us with overseeing PC hard drives in an adaptable manner with its highlights like expanding segment, resize segment, design segment, relocate OS to SSD/HD, duplicate disk, convert MBR to GPT, etc.
Presently we should see definite strides about how to fix corrupted hard drives utilizing smaller than expected instruments.
- 1. Download the free HDD fix device, MiniTool Partition Wizard free version from the underneath given connection, or some other instruments from their particular sites and introduce it on the PC and dispatch it. Download MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition
- At that point select the partition on a hard disk and pick Check File System on the left activity board.
- We’ll see two option to pick, the alternative “Check Only” will just output the hard drive for mistakes however it won’t fix recognized blunders consequently.
- The option “Check and Fix Detected Errors” will examine the drive and fix any hard drive mistakes whenever found.
- We need to select our option and click Start.
- After the hard drive fix is finished, we can close the program and this hard drive fix arrangement should fix our hard drive, we should check once if the drive can be utilized as would be expected.
3. Format the Hard Drive:
Another viable strategy to take out hard drive errors is to format the hard drive. As we probably are aware, the hard drive can get RAW because of infection assault, ill-advised activities, terrible areas, or force blackout. For this situation, we can’t get to the hard drive information.
We can design the hard drive to fix the mistake. In spite of the fact that we can simply design the hard drive straightforwardly, all documents including significant records will be erased in it.
So it is anything but a smart thought to design the drive straightforwardly. The most ideal path is to recuperate the information to another drive with a bit of expert hard drive information recuperation programming and afterward design the drive with an expert drive arranging instrument.
Recuperate the information utilizing the product and afterward design the drive by the accompanying advances.
- Launch a third-party like Disk Drill Data Recovery for Windows, Recuva, Prosoft Data Rescue 5, MiniTool Partition Wizard Pro Ultimate, etc.
- Let’s consider MiniTool Partition Wizard Pro Ultimate for now.
- Select the drive and choose Format Partition from the left action panel.
- Then specify the partition label, file system as well as cluster size on this page, then click OK to continue.
- Click Apply on the upper right corner to allow the pending operations.
- After formatting, we can restore our data and use our hard drive as normal.
4. Reinstall Hard Drive’s Driver:
In the event that the PC can’t peruse the outside hard drives, we can associate it with another PC to check whether the drive can be read and work normally. On the off chance that it works normally, we can make an external hard drive fix by reinstalling the device drivers on our PC.
- Search “Device Manager” in the search box and click to open the device manager.
- Locate Disk drives and double click it.
- Then we will see all disks on our computer.
- Now right-click the hard disk with hard drive errors.
- Then click the Uninstall device to uninstall the drive.
- Restart the computer and connect the hard drive.
- In most cases, the drivers will start installing automatically.
after restarting, we can check if our outer hard drive can be perused. In the event that this outside hard drive fix arrangement doesn’t work, at that point we may need to attempt different techniques like designing the outer hard drive, utilizing an outsider application, or run CMD.
Some of the time external damages to the hard drive can likewise cause errors, we need to fix the external damages in help communities. On the off chance that the hard drive is amazingly harmed, at that point we may need to purchase another one.
How to Repair and Fix Mac Disk:
On the macOSX system, the SMART utility is probably the most ideal alternative for checking that the hard drive is in acceptable condition. Among different capacities, it recognizes flawed zones on a damaged Mac disk.
Aside from the SMART utility, we can likewise attempt Ontrack EasyRecovery, or AppleJack in the event that we experience an issue there are numerous devices we can use to escape the circumstance.
AppleJack fixes a hard drive by redistributing various spaces towards safe regions. To utilize it, we need to change the single-user mode. It would likewise assist with having the keyboard shortcuts on hand to be able to use different commands.
Then again, we have apple Disk Utilities’ First Aid. First Aid runs a scan and reports the state of the hard drive. More often than not it can fix the issue detected, however, at times we need to go for an outsider instrument to complete this work.
- Go to Computer/This PC >> Select Hard Drive >> Choose Properties.
- Select Tools >> Error checking >> Check now >> Check local disk >> Start.
- Shut down all open and running programs >> wait for the system to check upon the next boot >> restart the PC.