How to install the USB driver on Windows 10 [Quick Guide]
USB 3.0 Driver Update Easily for Windows 10, 7 & 8 – 32/64 bit
In order to use your USB properly, you most likely know that installing the device driver is the essential step you need to perform.
You can consider performing the procedure manually by simply using Device Manager.
Another easy-to-follow option involves giving a try to the Hardware Update wizard.
The USB driver can be easily installed on Windows 10 using the support of dedicated software, which can generate valuable benefits.
To fix various PC problems, We recommend Restore PC Repair Tool:
Drivers are the most important software components of our computer. So, installing them optimally represents the main step we should consider.
If you want to easily install the Windows 10 USB driver, you can choose from a wide range number of alternatives. Fortunately, you don’t need to be trained to perform them.
This article will show you some of the best options you should try to install your USB driver on Windows 10.
How can I easily install the USB driver on Windows 10?
1. Use Device Manager.
- Open Device Manager.
- Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers, right-click on the option you need, then select Properties.
- Select the Driver tab, then click on Update Driver.
- Select Browse my computer for driver software.
- Click on Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.
- Select your needed option, then click on Next.
- Once the installation is completed, restart your PC.
2. Try Hardware Update wizard
- Press Windows key + R keyboard shortcut.
- In the pop-up window, type hdwwiz.exe, and click on OK.
- Select Browse my computer for driver software and click on Next.
- Click on Browse, then locate the USB driver folder.
- Finally, click on Next to install the USB driver.
In case of not being able to complete the first step due to Windows button errors, we are here to help you. You simply need to take a look at this guide dedicated to Windows Key, not working issues.
3. Use third-party software
While the USB driver installation on Windows 10 can be done manually, using third-party software allows you to perform it automatically, by following some easy steps.
The recommended alternatives above are useful and efficient, but can also be time-consuming. On the opposite, the support of dedicated software is able to save you much more time.
Drivers are essential for your PC and all the programs that you use daily. If you want to avoid crashes, freezes, bugs, lag, or any other problems, you will need to keep them updated. Constantly checking for driver updates is time-consuming. Fortunately, you can use an automated solution that will safely check for new updates and apply them with ease, and that’s why we strongly recommend DriverFix.Follow these easy steps to safely update your drivers:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The software will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.