Top 9 Best Tools to Download Facebook Videos on Windows, Mac, iPhone, Android
Almost certainly YouTube is the most well-known video facilitating ever. There are tons of educational how-to guides, entertaining creature videos, music cuts, children’s videos, motion pictures, TV arrangement,s and other stuff for any taste. Consequently, it is anything but unexpected that one of the most mentioned things in Google is a safe YouTube converter. Facebook in its turn is generally utilized for sharing your life minutes, fascinating posts, and talking with your mates.
Notwithstanding, there are likewise nice videos on Facebook that you won’t find on YouTube. You may appreciate these videos online if they are not private or save them for offline viewing. The last option is better since you won’t have to lose traffic in the event that you need to watch the video over and over; neither will you lose the clasp if the proprietor erases it or the whole profile. Additionally, you can upload an offline clip to your tablet or smartphone and appreciate it at whatever point you need.
Check the comparison table of the tools that you’ll find in this article.
|Software||OS supported||Websites supported||Output formats||Type of license|
|Freemake Video Downloader||Windows (from Vista)||Facebook, YouTube, Dailymotion, Vevo, Vimeo + 10 000 sites||MP4, MP3, AVI, FLV, 3GP, MKV, WebM, Android, iOS, PSP||free|
|iTube Studio||Win/Mac||Facebook, YouTube, Dailymotion, Vevo, Vimeo + 10 000 sites||MP4, MOV, WMV, AVI, MKV, 3GP, MPEG, iOS, Android||paid|
|Elmedia Player PRO||Mac||Facebook, YouTube, Dailymotion, Vevo, Vimeo + 10 000 sites||MP4, WebM, FLV, 3GP||paid|
|Bigasoft Video Downloader||Win/Mac||Facebook, YouTube, Dailymotion, Vevo, Vimeo + 10 000 sites||MP4, AVI, WMV, MKV, VOB, MPG, FLV, 3GP, WebM, MOV, SWF||paid|
|Video Downloader for Facebook||Android||MP4||free|
Now let’s check the utilities in detail and choose the best Facebook video downloader for you.
SEE ALSO: Facebook Messenger Chat with Bot v2.8
HOW TO DOWNLOAD FACEBOOK ON WINDOWS
There are two ways to save Facebook videos on PC: install a program or use a web-service. Let’s start with the software.
FREEMAKE VIDEO DOWNLOADER
The best option to get Facebook on Windows is to download free and safe software. We recommend a YouTube downloader. It’s free, powerful, easy to use, and won’t harm your PC.
First of all, go to the official Freemake website and download the installer. You can choose between two options: an online file that will download the software right during the installation process, and an offline one. The latter one is great if you have a slow Internet connection with gaps.
Install and run the software on a Windows-based PC. The supported OS versions are Win 10, Win 8, Win 7, and Windows Vista.
Now follow these steps to download a Facebook video:
- Copy the video URL of a Facebook video that you want to get. Make sure it’s not private;
- Paste the video in Freemake Video Downloader via the Paste URL button;
- Wait for some time till while the software detects the video;
- Choose the necessary video format and quality. In case you don’t see the necessary format, scroll to the bottom of the software and select the Convert option. Click to see the drop-down menu with the available formats.
- Run the downloading process by clicking the Download or the Download and Convert button.
Freemake Video Downloader offers a wide range of output formats. You can save your Facebook video in MP4, MP3, AVI, FLV, 3GP, MKV, WebM or mobile gadgets (iPhone, iPad, Android, PSP). If you always save videos in the same format, you can enable the One-click download mode. Choose the quality you need, the format, and select a destination folder. By default, the files will be saved to My videos folder. From now on, Freemake Video Downloader will save your multimedia files with the selected settings.
- supports most popular video sites;
- many output formats and qualities;
- no ads.
One more interesting software to get Facebook videos is iTube Studio (https://itube.aimersoft.com/). Like Freemake, it can extract MP3 from Facebook videos or convert them to MP4, MOV, WMV, AVI, MKV, 3GP, MPEG or to most popular portable gadgets with iOS or Android.
To save Facebook movies with iTube Studio, follow this procedure:
- Download the software from the official software website;
- Install and run the program on your PC;
- Copy Facebook video URL;
- If you want to only download the video, click the Paste URL button in the software and paste your link. In case you need to convert the video, enable Download and Convert mode in top right corner. Choose the format/device that you need;
- Start the conversion.
Soon your video will appear in C:\iTube Studio Downloaded. You can always change the destination path in the software settings.
- most popular video sites support;
- a good range of output formats and qualities;
- screen recording option.
- trial version is very limited.
Please note that the trial version lets you save only two videos and provides a reduced number of options. The full version offers a browser plugin to save videos on the go, more conversion options, screen recording, and so on.
- A 1-year license will cost you $19 per 1 PC/year.
- Lifetime license costs $29 per 1 PC/lifetime.
- Family license $72.95 per 2-5 PCs/lifetime.
Choose the license depending on your needs and download more Facebook videos.
READ ALSO: How to Post on Instagram from Computer [PC & Mac]
HOW TO DOWNLOAD FACEBOOK ON MAC
Here is the way to save Facebook videos on Mac laptops and iMacs.
ITUBE STUDIO FOR MAC
If you are a Mac user, you can purchase a Mac version of iTube Studio:
The downloading procedure will be absolutely the same as described above. The ready files will be saved to the Downloads folder.
ELMEDIA PLAYER PRO
Elmedia Player Pro is an all-in-one tool for Mac amateurs. It combines a powerful media player that supports the majority of popular audio and video formats; and a video downloader. It’s available on the AppStore for $9.99.
Let’s learn how to download Facebook videos with Elmedia Player Pro:
- Download and install the app on your Mac;
- Launch Elmedia Player and activate the Pro version with your key;
- Choose to integrate the Player with your browsers. It’ll give you quick access to online movie downloading;
- Restart the browser and then open a URL of a video that you’d like to save;
- Switch the Video tab in the software;
- Choose the desired video quality;
- Click the Download button to save the file.
You will find the downloaded video in the folder, specified in Elmedia Player Pro preferences.
- most popular video sites support;
- comes with a browser plugin;
- comes with a media player.
- WMV video file format is not supported.
BIGASOFT VIDEO DOWNLOADER
Bigasoft Video Downloader (http://www.bigasoft.com/) is a nice video downloader to get videos from Facebook, YouTube, Dailymotion, and other video hosting platforms. You can download a single video and playlist in a variety of qualities.
To grab videos with this app, follow these steps:
- Download and install it on your Mac;
- Save Facebook video URL address;
- Run the app and paste in it the link to the video you want to get;
- Choose a quality, destination folder, and an output format;
- Click the big red button to save a Facebook video.
Like the previous Mac tools, Bigasoft Video Downloader is not free. A license will cost you $29.
- simple interface;
- wide range of supported sites;
- good quality and format choices.
- can take some time to save a video.
READ ALSO: How To Create Unlimited Gmail Accounts Without Phone Verification (PC/Mobile) 2020
HOW TO DOWNLOAD FACEBOOK ONLINE
In case you don’t want to pay for the software or simply don’t want to install anything on your Mac or PC, you can get a Facebook video with the help of online services.
Please note that this way is not safe since most websites contain too many ads. Besides, the services don’t provide output quality and format options. If it’s OK for you, then check what websites you can use.
Fbdown.net (https://fbdown.net/) can download only public Facebook videos or those you have access to. The steps are pretty simple as with any other web-service for video downloading:
- Copy a link to a Facebook video;
- Open Fbdown.net;
- Paste the link in a special field on the website;
- Click the Download button.
In a couple of seconds, the video will be saved to the folder that you can check in your browser preferences.
- no quality or formats choice;
- downloads only from Facebook.
Savefrom.net (www.savefrom.net) is almost the same as Fbdown.net. However, this service has an option to choose whether you want to get a video in an HD quality (if available) or a standard one. Usually, the file is saved in MP4 format.
- provides Chrome plugin;
- HD/SD quality choice.
- no formats choice;
One more easy way to save a Facebook video without any apps or software installs at all is to modify its URL address. What you need to do is:
- Open the video you want to save in Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or IE;
- Change the www in the video URL to m. The address should like https://m.facebook.com/videonameexample;
- Click the Play button;
- Right-click on the video and choose an option: Save video as…;
- Click this option to download the Facebook video.
Your video will be saved in the original quality and format available on Facebook.
- no option to set output format or quality.
READ ALSO: How to Contact Facebook Ads Manager Support, Team
HOW TO DOWNLOAD FACEBOOK ON IOS (IPHONE, IPAD)
Although Apple tries to delete all apps that can download videos from the AppStore, you can find a couple of download managers after good research. They don’t download videos themselves but provide an option to save videos with the help of online services and then export it to the Camera roll.
MyMedia is a free app that can help you save the Facebook videos you like right on your iPhone or iPad. Let’s see how it works:
- Run the App Store app;
- Type MyMedia in the Search;
- Download the app on your iOS device;
- Copy a URL of a Facebook video;
- Run MyMedia and open savefrom.net site in a built-in browser;
- Paste the Facebook URL and choose HD or SD quality;
- Tap Download the file option;
- Name your file;
- Then tap Media icon in the bottom of the app to check your new video.
- Long tap the video to see the option. Tap the Save to Camera roll if you want to have your video there.
That’s how you can download Facebook videos directly on a portable gadget. If you export them to a Camera roll, you will be able to add them to your cloud service to stay on the safe side.
- option to export to Camera roll.
- no option to set output format or quality;
HOW TO DOWNLOAD FACEBOOK ON ANDROID
Google Play Store is not that picky toward downloading managers so it’ll be easier to find one.
VIDEO DOWNLOADER FOR FACEBOOK
Video Downloader for Facebook is a free app to download Facebook videos on Android devices. Here are the steps:
- Download and install Video Downloader for Facebook on your Android device;
- Run the app and open Facebook right in the app;
- Insert your login details;
- Find a video you want to save;
- Tap on the video to get the options;
- Tap to download a video.
That’s it. Now you can enjoy this video on any video player you have on your device.
- downloads in SD and HD (if available).
- no output format or quality choice;
After Reading This guide and the Steps Taken, I believe you know how to save Facebook videos on your PC, Mac, iPhone, and Android?. Please share other methods you know or share this guide with your friends.