How To Reset Android Phone When Locked Without Using Computer
Hello Guys Welcome again it’s been a long time since I updated you guys, I’m very sorry about that 🙏😀. Please accept my apologies 😜. Now Today I am going to show you how to format or factory reset your android phone without using a pc or computer. We Move!
The working conditions keep changing with times and so does the technology powering each of these. Same is the scenario observed in the Android devices. There are many days when they run smoothly and do not cause any inconvenience.
But there are some days when they start malfunctioning and thus cause hindrance to daily activities. Therefore, mobile devices have in-built settings to counter such issues. One of these is Factory Reset and we would be discussing the same in detail in our blog of the day.
What Exactly is a Factory Reset ?
A factory reset is the ultimate setting found in Android devices. As per it, you can completely wipe out the data in your device and bring it back to the condition at which it was purchased (that’s why named as a factory reset).
Such a setting wipes out all of the sensitive data and software’s stored in the memory and can be considered as equivalent to the concept of formatting in PCs.
Reasons to undergo a Factory reset
The factory reset of any Android device can happen due to either of the following reasons:
- Planning to switch to a new model and thus selling off the older one.
- The device getting slower in functioning every day.
- Sudden freezing of the device in the middle of any important operation.
- Regular device clean up procedure to clear the existing clutter.
Thus, be it intentional or forced, such a setting is very pivotal for the overall health of the device.
Two Different Ways to do Factory Reset Your Android Phone
Factory Reset by Normal settings
The first method of undergoing factory reset is by the conventional option in the device settings. Follow the guidelines given below to do so:
- Before moving into the setting, ensure that the device has sufficient battery power to undergo the restart process.
- Go to Settings and then scroll down to the Systems option.
- Open up the same and scroll the way down to Advanced.
- Go to the option for Reset options.
- Hit on Factory Reset/ Erase all data.
- It would prompt up to enter the security pin of the device (which is very essential when it comes to such critical functionality of the device).
- Hit on the next prompt and click on Confirm.
With this, the phone would enter into the reset mode and start clearing off the data within the permanent storage system.
Factory Reset by Recovery mode
As an alternative, you can also use the recovery mode in the device to conduct the factory reset. Go for the following steps to ensure the same:
- First of all, turn off the device.
- Hold the buttons of power and volume down simultaneously. Click on the same until the screen gets activated.
- The new screen would appear, where the power button acts as the starting point and the volume buttons as navigator ones.
- Hit the volume down button until the option of recovery mode comes in.
- Select the same by hitting the power button and the device would enter into restart mode.
- Again hit on the power button and volume up button simultaneously to highlight the Factory Reset option.
- Press the Power button and confirm the selection.
- After the process is done, click on the Reboot system now.
With this, the system completes the process and now the device gets back to the zero state.
Remember that factory reset is an irreversible process i.e. once done cannot be reversed back. Therefore, think very carefully before taking up such an extreme step.
And also, have a proper backup of all of the sensitive data and keep it in a secured location. The same can be used after the process to restore the data easily. The preferable platforms for the backup can be Google One, Google Drive, One Drive, and other cloud-based applications.
The above Instructions explains How To Factory Reset Your Android Phone in many different ways, that’s the Top 3 Easiest Method on How To Factory Reset your Android Phone Without A Computer or PC. With this, we come to the end of our guide for the factory reset of Android phones. Let us know your queries and opinions in the comments section.
This website is not sharing themes by cloning or cracking. We respect the GNU General Public License (GPL) and the hard work of the theme creator. On this website, we share that links are already stored somewhere else on the internet and are not a part of this website. Our website does not carry any responsibility for them. If your copyrighted material has been indexed by our site and you want this material to be removed then contact us immediately. We will remove it in 48 hours.