How To use Your Phone To Control Your Android TV Wirelessly – Themefiles.us
Most Android TV devices come with a voice-enabled remote for ease of searching content using the Google Assistant. However, there are many times you might not want to use a remote and find it more convenient to control your Android TV with your smartphone instead. For instance, typing on an Android TV is much easier using a phone rather than a remote control. A phone can also help you navigate and use your Android TV if the remote control stops functioning properly.
READ ALSO: How to Add an International Phone Number On WhatsApp 2020
The Android TV Remote Control app is the easiest way of controlling your Android TV device using a smartphone. The app is available for both iOS and Android phones. It is free of cost and works with Android-powered televisions, set-top boxes, streaming sticks, and other devices.
How to use the Android TV Remote Control app
- Connect your phone and Android TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Android TV Remote Control app on your phone.
- Tap the name of your Android TV.
- A PIN will appear on your TV screen.
- Enter the PIN on your phone and tap Pair.
Once you have successfully connected your phone to the Android TV device using the Android TV Remote Control app, you will see a D-pad interface. You can use the up/down/left/right arrows to navigate your Android TV screen. You also have an option to use a Touchpad instead of a D-pad. To do this, select the Touchpad controls from the hamburger menu on the top left corner of your screen. The image below will give you a good idea of how the app looks and functions.
The bottom of the app screen houses a back button, a home button, and a play/pause button. If you want to type on your Android TV device using your phone, tap the keyboard icon on the top right corner of the screen.
If the above-mentioned app pairing method does not work, you can try troubleshooting the problem using the following methods.
READ ALSO: How To Automatically Upgrade Your Infinix Smartphones Online Successfully.
Check your TV and phone’s Wi-Fi connection
Both the Android TV and phone should be on the same Wi-Fi network for you to be able to use your phone as a remote control. To ensure this, follow these steps:
- Press the Home button on your Android TV remote.
- At the top right, select Settings.
- Under Network & Accessories, select Network > Advanced > Network status.
- Find the Wi-Fi network name listed next to Network (SSID). Make sure it’s the same as the network on your phone.
Use Bluetooth to set up the Android TV Remote Control app
You can also pair the Android TV Remote Control app with your Android TV device using Bluetooth.
- Turn on your phone’s Bluetooth.
- Open the Android TV Remote Control app.
- Tap the name of your Android TV.
- You might get a Bluetooth pairing request.
- If you do, choose Pair.
- If you don’t, go to the next step.
- On your phone, you’ll get a Bluetooth notification. Tap Pair.
This website is not sharing themes by cloning or cracking. We respect the GNU General Public License (GPL) and the hard work of the theme creator. On this website, we share that links are already stored somewhere else on the internet and are not a part of this website. Our website does not carry any responsibility for them. If your copyrighted material has been indexed by our site and you want this material to be removed then contact us immediately. We will remove it in 48 hours.